Unfortunately, from our perspective, this means that we have 'picked' four major weather events in the five year history of the Husky. This year has proven to be the toughest for us, as the majority of the rainfall occurred at least one week prior to the event date, and given the event is in December, the chance of warm weather had left us with a glimmer of hope that the trails may dry quicker than they have in past years.
We have attempted to delay this decision for as long as possible so that we can give the course every chance to be ready, while also making the decision as early as possible so that we can give all participants ample notice as to whether it was going to proceed or not.
Following final inspections in conjunction with the local Mountain Bike Club (SCUM) and the Callala RSL Country Club, and given the forecasted increased chance of rain in the days leading up to the event date, all parties are convinced that it is in no ones interest to ride the trails this weekend. There is still substantial amounts of water pooled over the trails all around the course. The Callala RSL, with the Golf Course currently shut, has completely retracted their permit for us to host the event on their grounds. Needless to say, this was the decisive factor in our decision.
We have never viewed the complete cancellation of an event as a valid option and, as in the past, we will postpone the event to a later date. Unfortunately, with the current proximity to Christmas, we are unable to announce a new date until after the Christmas holiday period.
Thank you to all of our landowners and stakeholders who have been very supportive over the last few days. Like us, they are keen to see people come to the Shoalhaven Region and enjoy the wonderful riding experience that it has to offer – under dry conditions. The South Coast United Mountain Bikers have been working hard on their trails this year, and have been enthusiastically talked about how well the trails have been riding in the months leading up to the event.
A few notes with regard to the rescheduling of events:
- Everyone with valid entries for this weekends event will have their entries transferred across to the new date, when announced.
- Those participants that had been requesting a refund AFTER our refund eligibility date of the 22nd of November, still have a valid entry.
- If you have purchased a jersey, we are happy to post the jerseys out early OR you may still pick them up at race registration on the new date. If you want your jersey posted to you, please email us with the appropriate postal address.
- As with all of our past postponements, for riders who cannot make the new date we offer free transfers of your entry to another rider. Obviously this option will not be applicable until we have announced the new date.
Chill out, relax and have a great Christmas. We will send out another update on or before the 14th of January, once we have had a chance to organise a new date. At this time we will advise you on how to transfer your entries to another rider IF you are unable to make the new date.
Apologies for the bad news, however we are sure that everyone understands that we cannot control the weather. We look forward to seeing you in 2015.